The quilt quotes are:
- Watch out for the bones!
- de gustibus non disputandum est (There is no disputing tastes).
- Goodnight girls. (that was a polite way of telling the girls it was time to go to bed and they were TOO LOUD)
- Four score and seven years ago.... (Uncle Dave got tired of hearing commercial jingles at the table and required the children to memorize the Gettysburg address before another jingle could be heard at the table).
- No sharper than a serpent's tooth is to have a thankless child.
- Sue a beggar, get a louse.
What you cannot see is the embroidery of dates of Uncle's birth, marriage, graduation from college, birthdates and names of children, and his 80th birthday.
Pretty cool huh....